Friday, April 27, 2012

The closed ski resort - free fun in a tough economy!

While most folks replace their skis for golf clubs or whatever spring/summer sport, don't forget about your local ski resort.  Since my kids are too little to actually ski (2&4), this presents a unique opportunity for the little ones to enjoy snow and sunshine!  And guess what - it comes without the lift ticket prices and freezing children screaming for hot chocolate.  Here in the PacNW, there will be snow for weeks to come.  From last weekend my daughter made a snowman:
 
For the adult (me), I enjoy hiking up the mountain for some early morning runs.  Again, it's great and costs very little (gas money).  In one instance (last spring), I was able to combine the both of them:

The possibilities are endless!

What about you?  Do you creative free ways to entertain your rugrats?

No comments:

Post a Comment